Saturday, January 9, 2016

Guide To Know About US Visa For Students

Education in USA is a dream of so many international students. If you are an international student planning to study in US, then you have to gather some practical knowledge about the Visa rules applicable. I will be discussing the basic things you need to know and will help to immigrate to USA for studies.

Applying for Visa
When applying for a student visa, you first have to research the admission policy of the university you are applying at. There are a few items to be borne in mind:

Academic Eligibility- Each school has diverse academic eligibility criteria. Your school will notify you about their requirements. If you are still in the course of exploring different universities in USA, then you have to gather all available general academic position and test scores.

Financial Stability- You also need to prove that you can support yourself without any need to work and are financial stability.

Health Insurance- You may have to illustrate verification of health insurance in order to cover any medical expenses should you require any medical assistance.

As an international student coming to US, there are 3 diverse student visas that you can get issued: F1 Visa, J1 Visa, M1Visa. The F1 and J1 visas permit for the opportunity of service during your stay, while the M1 Visa doesn’t. You have to know about these types of visas, how they affect your financing while staying and how to go about the submission and arrival processes.
Types of International Student Visas

The "F" visa is applicable for academic studies. It is issued to students who are appearing in an academic program/English Language Program. These are the most common kinds of international student visa in the U.S.A. As a F1 student you have to uphold the minimum course load for permanent student status. This permits leisure, on-campus employment (lesser than 20 hours per week). Moreover, students can work on OPT for up to 1 year after course completion. You will be expected to complete your studies by the expiration date mentioned on the I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant Student Status).

A J1 visa is for students who require practical training unavailable in their home country to complete their program. It also allows similar employment as the F-1 visa, with parallel restrictions, as long as consent is given by the exchange visitor program sponsor.

An M1 visa is granted to student taking admission in a non-academic /vocational school. These visa holders are not allowed to work during the course. Before applying you must have confirmation that adequate funds are instantly available to pay all schooling, living costs for the entire period of intended stay.

Vigilant enduring and temporary planning is essential to guarantee that you will have a worthwhile educational experience in the universities in USA. If you are pragmatic about your monetary needs, you will be able to like the exciting academic and cultural experience of living and learning in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment